Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Patio... done!

I think this is the most beautiful patio ever (sorry Angelee,  yours is nice, but...) If any of you were watching news yesterday about Elizabeth Edwards you could have seen her entrance to her house and it was almost as beautiful as my patio... but I digress.

Anyway... how lovely is this.  And to think that Sam was foreman, supervisor, laborer, chief of the union and designer. 

Derek was the right hand man... #2 in command... necessary for all projects... and quality control

JG was laborer
Each stone was selected individually, placed lovingly, carefully leveled, and named (just kidding)
My favorite stone is in the middle... named tiger stripe.  Okay, we named some of them.
The walk way to the NEW GATE.
Do you see "California"?  
Another important job... "the sweeper of sand ".
The first stone.  (You know what they say about 'he who casts the first stone'.  It wasn't me, this time)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that looks really good! I'm impressed. Those boys did a great job! Now I know who to hire... you know... when I am wealthy enough to actually hire labor - yeah right.

Dava_Hudson said...

I am sad that i missed your little shin dig. We would have come down for sure if we had known. Eli loves playing with Joshy. Let us know next time you have a get together.

Dava_Hudson said...

btw... i think if you click on my music player you can make your own. Very fun...

Than and Erica said...

That is beautiful! I always forget who jg is.