Friday, June 26, 2009

Final images from my visit to Oregon

I drove about 7  hours back to California on Thursday.  And now on Friday I have a few more images that I want to remember from my trip.
This is a very private spot on Jan's property... so private that I could not make there because of the horrible steps down to the river.  Oh, did I not mention that they have a river running through their property.  Anyway, the river is way high in the winter and way low in summer.  Since this is the beginning of summer there are still waterfalls and a low, but still babbling river.  So, this is a picture of Jan's "fairy grotto" (or whatever the heck her daughter Amanda named it).  Jan had to take the picture because she does not care if she falls and breaks her leg
This is a picture of my best purchase in Oregon.  It is in place in Oroville... ready for any cat to come looking for his favorite bathroom spot.  It is called a Scarecrow and does not discern between cats, people, cars going by or nothing in particular.  I am sure many of you coming to my house will meet the scarecrow first hand.
Jan sent me home with a baby cactus.  This is a beautiful blossom from the mother plant.  Just look at this blossom and imagine this at my house someday... because you know it will never actually appear.  Jan can grow anything... its so annoying.
These are Jan and Larry's children who are still at home... Ellie, Gus and Max.    
This is Bill and Rosie, good friends and close neighbors of Jan and Larry.  I really like visiting them.  They are a way cool couple.  I especially like Bill.  I always said that if Bill were not married to Rosie and about 20 (or so) years younger, he would be the man for me.  He is so much fun.  And I admire Rosie for being so patient!! They travel, crab, feed hummingbirds, have a cat that catches hummingbirds for sport, have a garden that the deer eat, can tuna or salmon  (or some kind of fish),  have a yard that is beautiful, can grow anything... they are simply amazing.   Rosie is a nurse and a good cook while Bill is a character.  Jan has lots of friends in Oregon but these guys are the best!!

1 comment:

Mikila said...

Those scotty dogs are so cute!!! Can you bring one back for me please :) ???