Wednesday, June 24, 2009

10 year low tide at Bandon

So... today just happens to be my temple anniversary...33 years... but I degress from the interesting part of my vacation.
Anyway... our adventure for today was to go to the South Jetty at Bandon to see the ten year low tide.  Jan had never seen the tide so far out.   Anyway, we were there to see a ship that had sunk there in 1950 somthin' so we were there for "ship wreck" high adventure.  But alas, even though we made the effort to actually be there on time which happened to be 7:45 AM... there was no ship wreck to be seen.  So we had to comfort ourselves by shopping in Bandon.  Don't believe for one minute that the economy in Oregon is bad... I alone have made my contribution and I am sure we will be reading about Oregon doing much better soon.
Here is Jan looking for the elusive "ship wreck".
Look at the low tide.  This is usually all under ocean.
Do you see the Coquille River lighthouse in the distance?
And yes, I am coming home on Thursday.  I have no more money.  My friends are sick of me.  I have gained enough weight for one vacation.  My car is full of gifts, plants, yard art, chocolate, Oregon tuna, a new Bandon jacket for moi, wall art, earrings, bracelets, fudge, a vase for Cyndi for her b'day, shirts and THREE HATS...  
Great fun for all.  California, HERE I COME!!

No comments: