Friday, January 14, 2011

If you continue to do what you are doing...

Weldon told us teachers years ago that if you continue to do what you are doing you will continue to get what you get. Good advice... I think about it often. It was intended to motivate us to change things up so we would do a better job at teaching, but it had the opposite effect with me. It made me realize that in order to continue to get the good results I was getting, I would need to continue what I was doing. And I try everyday to continue to do a good job.

BUT, and it is a big but, there are other areas in my life that perhaps I need to change it up a bit. For example, perhaps it is time to re-enter the HORRIBLE DATING ARENA VIA THE INTERNET. Yes, I played that stupid game in my pre-Seminary life but found out you cannot do anything but work, study and sleep if you are a Seminary teacher. But now I have entered my post Seminary years and think that perhaps it is time again. And what has caused this renewed interest in something I truly detest. Well, it is embarrassing to admit. I could erase this and not devulge this shallow part of me. In fact, I should not even admit to such a flimsy reason for spending a whole $18.90 for a month of horror. But here goes... Holly Torricelli's sister met a man on line and is now engaged. Can you believe that I am being swayed by such a thing. For one thing... I love being single. I love sleeping alone. I love not cooking. I love doing only my laundry every other week or so. I love watching my own TV shows. I love stinking up the bathroom and not worrying about it. I love spending my money on me. I love going where I want to go. I love visiting my family when ever I want to. I love only having to worry about my own health. Yes... I am a happy camper. And so here I go again on a perilous journey... a journey to look for someone to mess up my perfect life.

And for those of you who are wondering how this journey is going... yes I have had some people send me some "stupid flirts" but I have not returned any. I know, I know...

1 comment:

Dava_Hudson said...

Good luck MaRee. But I have to say you make single life sound so appealing LOL.