Friday, August 7, 2009

HELP, HELP, HELP

I need help from all you seminary grads.  

You all remember the good ol' days of Seminary.  Well, guess what?  It is still going on.  There are a number of LDS youth, ages 13-17 , and teachers (mostly old), who continue to get up at the crack of dawn and and attend a morning meeting that ranges from highly spiritual to exhaustingly boring  (depending on who you talk to).

Most of you are glad that it is still happening.  It is kinda like some awful kind of initiation.  "If I had to go, then so should everyone else."  "If I had to go through that kind of daily pain, torture and boredom, then SO SHOULD YOU!!!  Shut up and go."

But now that you have it out of your system, just think.  What could have made it better, (besides having 3 days off a week)?  Help this teacher avoid mistakes that are so obvious to you but may be not so obvious to me.  What would have made it better, what is the best and what is the worst thing a teacher can do.

Help me, please.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mom... i hate to rain on this fictional parade you are having... what people younger than 25, besides me :), read your BLOG??

Big Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Big Mama said...

Hey, I read it! Oh wait, I'm not younger than 25! ;-) But I feel like I am, does that count? MaRee... let me think about the seminary thing and I'll get back to you.

(sorry about deleting the last comment. My 2 year old did it somehow.)