Sunday, August 28, 2011

YES I AM GETTING MARRIED!!!

We have set the date for December 17 and if you are reading this you are invited. That means 3 less invitations... Angelee, of course, is doing the invitations so you can look forward to that work of art in the ensuing weeks. I have chosen a theme for the party (we are not referring to it as a reception...it is more of an open house) and we are leaning toward having it at my house. Why? Because I really want it at my house.

I have a dress. I wanted to wear a black dress, but I just can't picture me having my wedding picture in front of the temple in a black dress. So it is... oh you will just have to be surprised, because I certainly am. But it is tight... too tight. So its the "black pants" drama all over again. The reason that I even started this blasted diet was to get into the nicest black pants you have ever seen but I could not zip them up. By the cruise I was in them and they were actually comfortable. So I have a wedding dress to get into... Do you know that wedding dresses run small... oh yes they do! I learned that when we were buying for Angelee... and it still applies.

Well, here we are... the happy couple. We are here in Yosemite... three days before those poor unfortunate souls went over the Vernal Falls. There have been at least 16 deaths at the park this year alone. I had never been to Yosemite before and it is simply amazing! Man has done some pretty amazing things... but so has nature. Yosemite is a testimony to the power of water... frozen state such as glaciers or simply running in a stream for countless years.


Oh Angelee, please don't roll your eyes. I am simply an old and aged woman who has no idea how to turn this photo the right way. I have looked here and i think I missed the chance a while back. Oh well, we are at Point Montara Light House watching the ocean on a frosty July day. Oh yes, it is always frosty on the coast.
I think this is the day we fell in love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! For your next post, tell us about the proposal. :)

Than and Erica said...

I can't believe you are getting married!!! Woohoo!!!

Dava_Hudson said...

Im soooo happy for you MaRee. You will make a gorgeous bride no matter what color the dress is. Im pretty excited to see you all dolled up!

The Barth Family Blog said...

I like your last comment, you certainly look "in love". Congrats!