Thursday, June 30, 2011

Is she in love?

Who knows what love really is... does anyone really know? Well, I certainly do not, but none the less, I have met a very nice man and we are friends. How can someone who is 63 (yes, 63) years old have a boyfriend? But what else can you say... "Oh this is my significant other"... how stupid is that. "This is my guy". Stupid again. "This is my man..." yuk... So I guess he is my boyfriend. His name is John and he lives in Danville.

This picture is in San Francisco where we had our first date... just me, John, Jo and Angelee. Oh yes, we all went.
Jo, Darryl, John and I recently went camping to Lake Almanor. Fun was had by all. It was so quiet... with no children, grandchildren, grand dogs, friends of children, friends of grandchildren, etc. In fact, sometimes it was too quiet.

It was also my birthday. When we returned on Sunday everybody came to Oroville and surprised me with a b'b'que birthday party. It was so nice.
Here are the four of us. We went to Susanville and saw Green Lantern. I don't care what the reviews said, I liked it.
Guess what the largest State Park in Oregon is...? Can you guess? Ok... you are right... it is Silver Falls State Park. I have never seen xmas tree farms for as far as the eye can see. They went on and on and on... no wonder there are so many trees in the lots at xmas. I always felt bad because I thought the forests were being depleted, but not so... only the tree farms are being depleted... and that is ok by me!

So... Silver Falls State Park has 11 water falls. We walked down to the biggest one which is called South Falls. It was quite a walk for a 63 year old senior citizen... but she was a trouper. Too bad I was wearing salt water sandals... too bad I didn't have on walking shoes... too bad the battery on my camera was dead...
This is my friend Jan and I with the falls in the background. I go to her house in Oregon every year. She lives in Cocquille which is a hop, skip and a jump from Bandon and Coos Bay. We have a lot of fun on my Oregon run and I look forward to it every year. I am not much help as a house guest... I don't want to get in the way. :) Larry cooks and cleans and I finally realized, this year, that every time I go in the bathroom the toilet lid is down. I never noticed before.


Okay... back to the boyfriend thing. We met on LDS Planet... and conversed on line and then talked on the phone and then met in San Francisco. I didn't especially like him but Jo and Angelee did so I decided to not toss him out immediately but try to get to know him. We met next at a Singles Conference, which happened to be the same day that we made 3000 egg rolls for the Hmong Branch. I invited him to Oroville that night and went to the special conference the next day... the one with D. Todd Christofferson. Don't worry people, he stayed at Susan's. I still didn't really like him that much (he seemed kind of nerdy... but I don't exactly have the best track record when it comes to picking men, so I told H.F. that he could choose the next one. So with that in mind, I didn't dare toss him out if this was really his choice. And the little voice kept saying, "You don't know him, you don't know him, you don't know him...". OKAY, I shouted back!!!!!!!!! I will get to know him.)

We started talking on the phone every night... and haven't stopped. We text all day. He is very smitten with me... can you believe such a thing? And I really like him. It is true... I really didn't know him. Susan pointed out that he is the exact opposite of Angelo, in every way... (except that they are both only children and they both like to eat). He has only been a member of the church for a couple of years and his new calling is that of sac. meeting chorister. He has no idea how to lead music and does not know the church hymns that well... should be interesting.

As for his job? I am embarrassed to say that I have no idea what he does. Okay... he is a technical writer... but what the heck is that? He took me to his place of employment and introduced me around, but I still don't know what the heck it is all about. I saw his office and it is nice and neat. That's all I can say about that...

And his family? Oh yes, I have met them all... and her name is Sarah. I have not met his son who is back east. And he has met Jo, Angelee, Nick, Darryl, Sam, Booker, Joshua, Charlee, and he will soon be meeting Ben, Cyndi, Kate, Mike, Shannon, Chris and Stevie... not to mention Buddy and Ellie. We are just a little over whelming... I am not referring to sheer numbers... he thinks our family is like a sit-com...

Anyway... that should answer most of your questions. He is gentle, kind, smart and devoted to God... and to me. How lucky am I?

2 comments:

Dava_Hudson said...

Very Lucky! he seems like an awesome guy MaRee. BTW I love catching up with you when you stop by and hearing all your crazy stories. : )

Big Mama said...

MaRee... have I ever told you how pretty you are? He sounds like a very nice guy! I like him already! Hope it's still going well!